Sunday, September 14, 2008

in memory


Was watching I-Witness 911, and remembering. I didn't realize how much of my spiritual journey into adulthood was impacted by one act of destruction. I looked over my life and realized how much of where I am now began that day. I can taste the remnant of the memory in my mouth, even now.

If there was no September 11th, I would have never fallen in love, never reaffirmed my faith, never been called my flaws, never broken my heart, never found my calling, never met my covenent partner, never taken my job, never served my God, never found my purpose.


Date: September 10, 2001

laughing with
no knowledge
walking with
no direction
worry without
reason
apathy with
no apology
fragile life with no

We interrupt this regularly scheduled life for a humanity check.

Date: September 11, 2001

breathing
but no air
crying
but no tears
burning
but no fire
smoke
but no refuge
fear
but no reflecting
space
but no time
hole
but no healing


screaming, screaming, screaming
no sound.
no voices.
not even my own.

No comments: