Friday, March 23, 2007

swim

woke up this morning
drowning in a life
that I didn't ask for
searching out my own survival
waiting on my rescue

a deep breath, and I go under
the minutes that I wasted
wondering, worrying, waiting
for something to breakfree

My mind is mired in the
thickness of any and every
perceived injustice
I ever knew
wet with the words
of all those who
took from me
my own breath
to save themselves
in a cold and lonely ocean


woke up this morning
drowning in a life that I didn't ask for
but must live
While holding my breath
I let go of a living life

But the waters are deep
I know I could die here
stuck in my sorrow

But the past is past.

The weight of my why's
can no longer anchor me
I must let go
with a buoyant hope
a thrashing joy
a swimming mind

I must keep my eye on your hand
and listen to the quiet swoon
of water parting
....
and reach
reach--
reach---
reach--
reach---
reach--

No comments: