Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Stay and Kiss the Sky (2006) (The Love/Art Series I)

("Stay and Kiss the Sky", Drawing by Ms. Mimi, 1996)















(summer '96)

how I wished for
a hendrix note
a sullen base
lush green grass, remembering bare feet
the first time you called my name
letters, on smiling lips forming perfect "ah's"

smooth led on creamy white paradoxes
sunshine grazing on a rain oasis
feeding a reflective moment

the taste of our laughter like taffy
bittersweet on the tongue

an uneaten chocolate kiss, offered
a spray of broken treble and bass notes piled in the corner of a page
the scent of your freshly laundered sweatshirt

the sound of your prodigal voice
the freedom of the wind
soaring into heaven
returning as song

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite one...

nikki said...

this is a beautiful piece, sista.

ms mimi the mocha soulchild said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

beautiful artwork and verses!

ms mimi the mocha soulchild said...

Thank you so much. I debated about posting it, but I am glad I did!